Saturday, July 16, 2011

Re: [android-developers] how do I highlight (color) a range of entries in a ListView?

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 10:02:25AM -0400, Mark Murphy wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Jim Graham <spooky130u@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Step #1: Confirm that 42 is in the range from
> >> getFirstVisiblePosition() to getLastVisiblePosition(). Do
> >> something if it's not.

Ok, I just added that, and it sort of worked, but not really.....

I selected (continuing with the example) Crisp (UK) as the brand
to move to. After it took me to a VERY wrong position, I added
some Toast....

position = 75 first = 0

where:
position is the target position for the first entry for Crisp,
first is the value from mainlist.getFirstVisiblePosition();

So apparently, FirstVisiblePosition isn't the first VISIBLE
position, but the first in the entire ListView. :-( That makes
absolutely no sense to me at all. But at least I now have some
other possibilities to play around with (in the expanded "Inherited
Methods" list. Thanks for telling me about expanding that---I'd
never noticed that it was a whole collapsed section. I thought it
was the title for the next section that followed.

So I'll be back later, either with what worked, or more possibly
stupid questions. :-)

Thanks,
--jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4) MiSTie #49997 < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com ICBM/Hurricane: 30.44406N 86.59909W
Point Lobos Photography Set 1 (Photo-posters): http://jdgapps.com

Do not look into waveguide with remaining eye!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment