Monday, April 30, 2012

Re: [android-developers] Re: Debugging code that cause's a hardware restart of the phone :?

I am using XP/eclipse. I see all the normal logs coming from the
device just fine, including many,many I put in my apps code.

On searching for adb on my system it seems all I found is a polite
note from google saying its been moved too
"platform-tools/" in my android sdk directory.
As that directory is not in my sdk directory, it tells me too install
"Android SDK Platform-tools" which I will try now and post back in a
bit.

This is really odd to me though, as I thought adb was an essential
part not a optional addon. Apparently ddsm.bat and logcat seem to be
able to run without it though.

On 30 April 2012 18:41, Robert Greenwalt <rgreenwalt@google.com> wrote:
> I don't know your environment, but you should have access to adb.
>
> adb logcat
>
> starts capturing some of the available debug streams.  To write it to a
> file:
> adb logcat > mylog.txt
> or to log to file and to screen (on linux):
> adb lgocat | tee mylog.txt
>
> This will only record stuff from some of the log streams, but it defaults to
> the common ones.  If you think your app is strictly to blame you can put in
> log statements there too, but crashes should be logged for you.
>
> adb bugreport > mybugreport.txt will capture the last buffers from all the
> streams and much much more.
>
> R
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM, ThomasWrobel <darkflame@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the replys. I am afraid I am ignorant of how to do that.
>> So far I have just been using the Dalvik Debug Monitor, I can see
>> options to save to a file, but not to log to a file continuously.
>> Googleing around seems to infer I need to put code in my app to send
>> the log to a file on the SD card, or use a Debugging library. Is this
>> correct?
>> Also, where is the bugreport located?
>>
>> Poly - I have nothing in my own code that effects the wifi manager
>> API. However, I am using aSmack lib for XMPP communications that could
>> do that. It doesn't seem too consistent though, as the crashes happen
>> sometimes before I logon to a server.
>> I suspect it might be ram related in some way, as the crashs are very
>> inconsistent. Sometimes it crashes as soon as it loads, other times I
>> can use it for a few minutes before crashing.
>> I also use the JPCT 3D library in my app, as well as using the camera
>> preview as a background, so the app is pretty heavy overall.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Thomas
>>
>> On Apr 30, 5:00 pm, Robert Greenwalt <rgreenw...@google.com> wrote:
>> > You can do a logcat before the crash, logging to a file.  Perhaps then
>> > you'll get a better view of what happened before.
>> >
>> > A post-crash bugreport may also have a copy of the previous kernel log
>> > if
>> > it's a kernel issue.
>> >
>> > R
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Pent <supp...@apps.dinglisch.net>
>> > wrote:
>> > > I've only ever (in over two years) seen reboots caused by changes made
>> > > via the wifi manager API. If you're using it, I would start there.
>> >
>> > > Pent
>> >
>> > > --
>> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > > Groups "Android Developers" group.
>> > > To post to this group, send email to
>> > > android-developers@googlegroups.com
>> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > > android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> > > For more options, visit this group at
>> > >http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Android Developers" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Android Developers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment