Monday, April 30, 2012

Re: [android-developers] Re: Strange force close on Froyo phone, works fine on ICS tablet

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:35:45PM -0400, Mark Murphy wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Jim Graham <spooky130u@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ADD works in the example from Pro Android Media on my phone (Froyo).
> >
> > ADD does NOT work, using the exact same 4 or 5 lines of code (different
> > variables) in my app on my phone. ?It force closes claiming that the ADD
> > mode does not exist.
>
> Clearly, *something* is different between those apps. targetSdkVersion
> or build target would by my two best guesses.

There is. Eclipse built the version of the book code from my directory,
(which I imported from) and not tne one that it copied to my workspace.
The one in my directory still had MULTIPLY mode, not ADD. So I changed
it, and set both the min-sdk and target sdk to Android 2.2. Even with
all three PorterDuff imports, it still won't build at all, saying that
ADD is not a valid field...directly contradicting the developers guide,
which makes even less sense to me than before.


So now, a new question: since PorterDuff's ADD method is clearly not
going to work on all APIs that I want to support, how do I duplicate
that method of adding bitmaps (one being a photo from the camera, the
other being a semi-transparent color filter, just like glass filters on
a 35mm SLR camera)?

And...why doesn't Froyo support what is clearly listed as supported
since API level 1 in the dev guide? They should agree, shouldn't they?

Thanks,
--jim

--
THE SCORE: ME: 2 CANCER: 0
73 DE N5IAL (/4) MiSTie #49997 < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >
spooky130u@gmail.com ICBM/Hurr.: 30.44406N 86.59909W

No, I'm not going to explain it. If you can't figure it
out, you didn't want to know anyway... --Larry Wall

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment