Monday, June 25, 2012

[android-developers] Camera activity does not return to the application.

In my app, I kick off the following:

 

Intent cameraIntent = new Intent(android.provider.MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE);

cameraIntent.putExtra(android.provider.MediaStore.EXTRA_OUTPUT, android.provider.MediaStore.Images.Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI);
startActivityForResult(cameraIntent, CAMERA_REQUEST);


And sure enough, the camera activity starts:


I press the button on the left, the flash goes off and the picture is taken.  The Take Photo button turns into an OK button, like below:

I try to press the OK button, but nothing happens.  I can press it a 100 times and still nothing happens.  If I press the Cancel button, the control does return back to the application.


If I remove the cameraIntent.putExtra call, everything works fine (but I need that call).

 

Can someone tell me why control does not return to the application?

 

Facts.  

 

1.  This is a Nexus One running 2.3.6.  

2.  This works perfectly fine in the emulator.

 

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment