Monday, June 25, 2012

[android-developers] Problem with start activity for result and back stack

So major problem with using the notification and startactivityforresult handling.

Basically I have a main task A set as single task and launches activity B for a result. I also have a notification receiver that points to activity A when a new notification arrives. Now if I'm in activity B and the user clicks the notification I correctly get the onnewintent in activity A like I would expect but then the activity A is destroyed along with activity B.

If I simply start activity B without the result then everything works fine. Activity B is cleared, I get the onnewintent for A and proceed as planned. What am I doing wrong here or is it intended that starting an activity for result in going to crash and burn like this?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment