Wednesday, June 30, 2010

[android-developers] Re: Bump is letting users send paid apps?

I would be extremely surprised if they do anything other than send the
market URL. To do otherwise would be more work, and a worse user
experience.

My own app, in an upcoming version, will send a link to itself. It was
trivial to implement, and I think it's a great marketing tool. I think
we'd all like every likely customer to get a market link to our paid
(and free) app.

I don't have two phones to bump together. Could someone try it out and
confirm?

On Jun 30, 8:43 am, Streets Of Boston <flyingdutc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think any Bump (or any app) can do that on a non-rooted phone.
> However, Bump may just send the "market:" url to the receiver, not the
> actual app itself.
>
> On Jun 29, 8:16 pm, jsdf <jasons...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > It looks like you can send an app with the new version of Bump.
> > This seems to include paid apps.
> > Which completely circumvents the Android Market, of course.
>
> > 1.) How is this possible?  I thought access to apps themselves was off
> > limits to API developers.
> > 2.) If this is the case, why is Google not remote uninstalling Bump,
> > and instead promoting it in the Android Market?
>
> > (I haven't tried actually sending the paid app, so maybe it fails at
> > that point - can anyone confirm?  I hope to be proven wrong here)
> > (I saw this using a Nexus One)
>
> > jsdf

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment