Tuesday, June 29, 2010

[android-developers] Service getting Killed

Hey everyone,

I have a service in my app the creates an alarm and runs a check ever
X minutes. I am new to android and I was wondering is there a way to
prevent another app such as ATK (advanced task killer) from kill my
service/alarms? It seems that if I normally close the app my alarms
still work but when I go to ATK and stop the app the service dies as
well. Maybe thats the point, but this service is rather important and
most users would want it to run even if the app itself is no longer
running. I assume that if the system kills it for whatever reason then
their is nothing you can do about it. Could someone please inform me
on this issue and a possible solution to do what I need?

Thank you for your time,

Tommy

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment