Wednesday, January 26, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Tracking memory allocation over time

On Jan 27, 10:56 am, fadden <fad...@android.com> wrote:
>
> With the latest version of DDMS you
> can sort the list in various ways, including allocation order, so you
> can see what happened most/least recently.

Yeah, I ssaw that and it has helped somewhat.


> There is currently no way to increase the limit beyond 512, other than
> changing a constant in Dalvik and rebuilding the VM (see dalvik/vm/
> AllocTracker.c, kNumAllocRecords).

Bummer ..

> > I'm pretty certain I know where at least one main offender lies, but
> > I'd really like some emprical evidence that I'm hitting the right
> > target before I clean it up.
>
> If it's one of your classes, there are various ways to instrument the
> constructor so you can watch the allocations.

There's the rub. It's not one of mine.
I guess I'll just stamp on what I'm sure is the culprit and see if
that's it through oblique means.

Thanks for the help.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment