Tuesday, July 31, 2012

[android-developers] Re: how to display a toast after 10 seconds from starting Asynctask

I don't understand the role the AsyncTask plays in your question, so it is a bit hard to answer.  If you are just trying to schedule a Toast 10 seconds from "now", you probably want to use Handler.postDelayed.

G. Blake Meike
Marakana

The second edition of Programming Android is now on-line:
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023005.do


On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:46:49 AM UTC-7, Narendra Singh Rathore wrote:
Hi all, please suggest me how to execute something after 10 seconds from the start of AsyncTask.
I have used AsyncTask for different purpose. But, now I want to update my UI after 10 seconds.
Or to show a toast after specific time.

I actually want to perform some other task after 10 seconds, while the original task is running


please let me know how to do this.?

Thank you all.
NSR

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment