Wednesday, June 22, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Arrange widgets in a circle

Use an AbsoluteLayout

On Jun 22, 6:33 pm, Zarah <zarahj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This is such a n00b question but I hope someone helps me. :)
>
> I have always made apps that make use of traditional widgets so when
> it comes to things like this I am totally at a loss. :(
>
> Anyhooo, my aim is to display a set of images of beads into a circle
> (sort of forming a bracelet), with each bead being clickable. Some of
> the beads are not perfect spheres (some are oblong-ish), so I would
> have to rotate the images by some degrees to either left or right to
> make them look like they are stringed together.
>
> I don't have an idea how to start doing this because I don't know how
> I should tell the OS where to place the images. Should I use a Canvas?
> Learn OpenGL?
>
> If I use a Canvas, I would end up having a bitmap with all the images,
> right? Can I still make the images clickable?
>
> If I use OpenGL, is it an overkill? The main animation I would have to
> do is simply have the circle rotate when the user clicks and drags on
> a bead.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> - Zarah.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment