Thursday, June 2, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Re-scaling PNG image to fit screen results in file about 2X the screen size

On Jun 2, 7:12 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> There is no such concept as "the size of each individual screen" for
> wallpapers. First, it depends on the current launcher and how many screens
> it want to have. Second, because launchers usually use parallax (though
> they don't have to), there is on 1:1 correspondence between screens in the
> launcher and parts of the fragment wallpaper. Third, because the screen can
> be in landscape or portrait the parts of the wallpaper shown for each screen
> will vary depending on that.

Hmmmm, ok, my mistake, then. I thought I remembered (and once
again, I've stated the reasons more than enough) the Android
Gallery letting me resize an image and display the entire image
on the screen. However, I just tried this with the one of the
images from my photography app, and got the same results that
my app has been giving me. So once again, chemobrain wins, my
brain loses. So I've wasted the last two weeks trying to fix
something that doesn't have a fix. :-(

Well, still, thank you for explaining that to me. Now I know
that it really IS working like it's supposed to...just not like
I wish it would. Ok, moving on, then.

Thanks again,
--jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4) | DMR: So fsck was originally called
spooky130u@gmail.com | something else.
< Running FreeBSD 7.0 > | Q: What was it called?
ICBM / Hurricane: | DMR: Well, the second letter was different.
30.44406N 86.59909W | -- Dennis M. Ritchie, Usenix, June 1998.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment