Monday, June 27, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Recommendations on Screenshot formats?

Actually, just noticed that my screenshots of uploaded 480x800 format
look in my phone's market exactly the same as the previews in the dev
console, cropped with left say 20pixels cut off. Seems you can use
that as a real indication on how they will look like...

BTW just uploaded a 320x480 and indeed in the preview it now is fully
shown, no cropping. Let's see what the market shows now on my phone
(N1). Nothing yet, waiting for the update of the images to appear...


On 27 jun, 20:33, MarcoAndroid <marco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reading this onehttp://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/threa...
> it seems 320x480 is the size to go for, forget the others...
>
> On 21 jun, 17:07, Santiago Lema <jacques.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Hello,
>
> >  I just published my first Android port (from my iOS app) and I am
> > really puzzled as to how I should handle screenshots?
>
> > Letting aside that the jpeg quality is awful and the inability to
> > provide localized screenshots, I'll ask just one simple question.
>
> > - What is the recommended size to upload screenshots so they look nice
> > on all devices?
>
> > I uploaded 800x480 PNG 24 bits screenshots, hoping a higher quality
> > source would yield decent results but I was sorely disappointed. Not
> > only the jpeg quality setting is awful but the androidmarketseems tocropmy screenshots to a 1.5 ratio (like 320x480) at what seems to be
> > random positions?
>
> > If I upload screenshots in several formats will themarketuse the
> > appropriate ones for each phone ? Or will it scale each one miserably
> > just like it does for the ones I uploaded and display them in their
> > full ugliness on all devices ?
>
> > PS: If anyone cares, I have just written a long rant about issues when
> > publishing to the AndroidMarketissues which details the screenshot
> > issues too:http://www.smallte.ch/blog-read_en_15001.html

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment