Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Re: [android-developers] method setDirty() for View?

Hi Romain,

Actually I tried everything to find out the cause of the superfluous redraws.  I had an AbsoluteLayout with about 20 children, and often, after an invalidate of one child, all visible View's were redrawn. Then I stripped the AbsoluteLayout, and there were less redraws. Then I replaced some custom View's with SurfaceView's (which are drawn directly, not via their parent), and now the superfluous redraws only occurred after startup. As an explanation I supposed that if there is not enough time to investigate what exactly must be redrawn, then the system simply redraws all children of a ViewGroup. I did not dare to suppose that maybe somewhere in the system there was a bug.

My target is android-8, and my tablet firmware is up-to-date. It might be the case that extra redraws of views often go unnoticed, because you don't see them on the screen.

Regards,
wboe

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment