Friday, June 24, 2011

Re: [android-developers] What OS is more user friendly for Android development.

I have 5 devices from different manufacturers. I plug them into a Mac and never
had to worry about drivers. It just works. But I actually do all my development
work on Linux, and I route adb communications to my Macbook via ssh port
forwarding. This setup works flawlessly. I got upset by the USB issues on Linux
so I gave up a long ago.

That said, for development itself, I'm very familiar with Linux, so that's an
obvious choice for me. I do all development tasks on Linux. I would advise that
you use the OS you are the most comfortable with. As you see, there are ways to
connect to devices through the network, so the development OS can be what you like.

Olivier

On 06/24/2011 06:17 PM, Srinivas Nainala wrote:
> I have found some problems with Ubuntu and Windows when I connected
> Dell Streak device, its not detecting in DDMS tool, then I am unable
> to debug my app. I try download the related drivers still not
> detecting.
>
> Could you suggest me how can I avoid USB drivers problem while
> connecting to DDMS debugging. Which OS is more flexible for Apps and
> OEM development (its should not give driver problems or detection
> error). How much MacOS is good for debugging and image creations. Is
> it more suggestible than Windows and Ubuntu?
>
> Finally What OS is more preferable for Android Apps and OEM
> development?
>
> Windows or Ubuntu or Mac OS..... Please suggest me advantages and
> disadvantages.
>
> BR
> Srinivas
>


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment