Thursday, July 21, 2011

[android-developers] Does anyone at Google read bug reports?

I've been developing for Android for about a year and a half.
Whenever I encounter a problem, I dutifully file a bug report. I'm
now up to about a dozen.

Every single one of my reports is still listed as "New" in the bug
tracker, even the ones filed a full 18 months ago. Not a single one
of them has been fixed, closed, or even had anyone from Google add a
comment to it. This is very discouraging.

Does anyone who works on the OS actually read bug reports? Or am I
just wasting my time, throwing them into a black hole? I want to help
improve the OS, which is why I take the time to file bug reports, but
my experiences so far haven't encouraged me to keep doing it.

Peter

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment