Sunday, February 27, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Not setting buffersize on a DatagramPacket

Sorry if this wasn't the appropriate place to put it, but I haven't
been able to find the answer anywhere, but you did just solved my
problem... Thank you for that ;)

On 25 feb, 19:32, Indicator Veritatis <mej1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is a Java question, not an Android one. Look for sample code
> using java.net.DatagramPacket and DatagramSocket. Instead of trimming,
> you are much more likely to write something like:
>
> DatagramPacket p = new DatagramPacket(packetBytes, packetBytes.length,
> sa);
> socket.receive(p);
> bytesRead = p.getLength();       // this is actual bytes read
>
> On Feb 24, 2:53 am, ThaMe90 <theprophes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to not set a DatagramPacket's buffersize? I want to use
> > this DatagramPacket in the receive method of my DatagramSocket, but I
> > don't know how large the buffersize should be as the data I receive is
> > unknown.
>
> > If this is possible, please enlighten me. If not, could anybody show
> > me a way to trim the buffer to size when it is filled up with 0's?
> > (E.g. when I set the buffer size to 2048 & the packet I receive has a
> > data size of 1800, the buffer will be filled with 0's till it is at
> > 2048 length) So how could I achieve this?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment