Monday, February 28, 2011

Re: [android-developers] Toast not disappearing

Unfortunately that didn't work. In on Destroy() I put in:

System.out.println("Duration: "+toastMessage.getDuration());
toastMessage.cancel();

(where toastMessage was assigned any toastMessage I'd created and shown)

and I got:
Duration: 0

Not sure if that is of any use. I've never had any trouble with Toasts (except not calling show() :) ). I'm a bit stumped.

Regards,
Julius.


On 1/03/2011, at 7:50 PM, Julius Spencer wrote:

> Yeah it's definitely being hit just once (I put a break point in).
>
> I'll try out dismissing it if the IntentService is destroyed.
>
> Thanks for the replies everyone.
>
> Regards,
> Julius.
>
>
> On 1/03/2011, at 4:15 PM, TreKing wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Julius Spencer <julius@msa.co.nz> wrote:
>> I'm sure it's just something I'm not thinking of but I'm stumped...
>>
>> You're not calling it over and over again are you?
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices
>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Android Developers" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment