Thursday, April 26, 2012

Re: [android-developers] Re: How to change default HIPRI connection expiry?

If you are making your own system image you can set the expiration timeout (or turn it off) through config.xml settings.  If you are not making a new system image you cannot adjust the expiration timeout.

R

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Med Chakib <ouabimedchakib@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,
I'm currently working on a project that need a data connexion to be
active while I'm connected on WIFI.
Your solution seems to be exactly what I need. Did you find a way to
extend the duration of your HIPRI connection ?
Med

On Mar 23, 10:01 pm, San <sanees...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey flumby,
>
> Did you get any solution? I am also facing the same issue...
>
> San
>
> On Mar 2, 11:08 pm, flumby <jay.mojni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Has anyone played with TYPE_MOBILE_HIPRI? Is there a way to set the
> > RestoreDefaultNetworkDelay or any other way to increase the duration
> > ofHIPRIconnection?
>
> > On Feb 29, 5:55 pm, flumby <jay.mojni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > In my project, I need to access an IP Address through mobile connection
> > > --irrespective of whether it is connected to mobile or WIFI network. My
> > > code is similar to below:
>
> > >                connMan = (ConnectivityManager)
> > > getSystemService(Context.CONNECTIVITY_SERVICE);
> > >                int res =
> > > connMan.startUsingNetworkFeature(ConnectivityManager.TYPE_MOBILE,
> > > "enableHIPRI");
>
> > > Then when I get the notification thatHIPRIis available, I call:
> > >                boolean reqRes =
> > > connMan.requestRouteToHost(ConnectivityManager.TYPE_MOBILE_HIPRI,
> > > ipAddress);
>
> > > This is working fine. My app can connect to the URL specified in the
> > > ipAddress. My app can send requests, and receive responses. However, the
> > > connection gets disconnected after about a minute. Is there a way to have
> > >HIPRIconnection for longer time?
>
> > > To make a short story long,  I see the following in the log:
> > > D/ConnectivityService( 1640): ignoring as dup is found
> > > stopUsingNetworkFeature for net 5: enableHIPRI by 9683/10033(expire -
> > > created 60026 mSec ago)
>
> > > I took a look at the source and I see that in ConnectivityService.java, in
> > > the implementation of requestRouteToHost method, it calls:
>
> > >       mHandler.sendMessageDelayed (mHandler.obtainMessage
> > > (NetworkStateTracker.EVENT_RESTORE_DEFAULT_NETWORK, f),
> > > getRestoreDefaultNetworkDelay());
>
> > > And I see that getRestoreDefaultNetworkDelay is returning 60000. So, I know
> > > why my app is getting disconnected after about a minute.
> > > My question is, how can I haveHIPRIconnection for a longer period -at
> > > least 30 minutes?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment