Tuesday, July 26, 2011

[android-developers] Re: Need help on adding overlays on Map View

no, you cannot get the overlay information from Google Maps, you will
need to use the Google Places API: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/places/

Before you get too involved in development, I suggest you check your
expected usage against the limits per the website. All requests
require an API key and Google actively measure the rate and volume of
requests.

After you have your data you will need to build it into an overlay
yourself. There are any number of tutorials that will show you how to
do this on the web.

On Jul 26, 5:31 am, Rikki <rikki.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I am a newbie to Android Development. So spare me if I ask wrong
> questions
>
> I am developing a POI search app for nearby gas stations according to
> my current location. I am using googlemapview for displaying the maps
> and using locationmanager to get current location. Now I want to add
> overlays to the map so that I can search the gas stations. Can i get
> this overlay information from google maps or i need to create the
> overlays by myself. what I want is to read the gar station information
> and plot them on the map.
>
> Any help in this regard will be appreciated. I might have said some
> things wrong here. Correct me whereever I am wrong.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment