Saturday, July 23, 2011

Re: [android-developers] AndEngine - what is Mercurial?

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 05:50:55AM -0700, rich friedel wrote:
> Each developer is probabaly going to have an opinion regarding repo
> solutions...

By repo, I assume you mean one of those code storage things where
multiple devs can check out code, work on it, and check it back in,
without clobbering each other's work, right? Yeah, I don't use one.
I just make periodic tar.gz archives of my source directory (at
different stages...got this working, back up...got that working, back
it up again, and so on). Works for me. :-)

> To answer your question, you are going to need the Mercurial plug-in
> for Eclipse to pull the repo so you can work on it.

I have the .jar file. Now I just need the samples (some of which
force-close my Motorola Bravo). I'm trying to find a site that has
the samples as either a .zip or .tar.gz.....

> AndEngine is a pretty decent game engine. It'll get you up and running
> making stuff happen pretty quick.

I'm checking out Angle right now. AndEngine's samples that WORK (in
the installable samples APK) look great. The ones that force-close
my phone, not so great....

Later,
--jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4) | DMR: So fsck was originally called
spooky130u@gmail.com | something else.
< Running FreeBSD 7.0 > | Q: What was it called?
ICBM / Hurricane: | DMR: Well, the second letter was different.
30.44406N 86.59909W | -- Dennis M. Ritchie, Usenix, June 1998.

Point Lobos Photography Set 1 (Photo-posters): http://jdgapps.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment