Wednesday, August 31, 2011

[android-developers] two icons for the same app

I have an application that I "install" via the Eclipse IDE toolbar
icon "run package.name.app". My phone shows two icons for this app.
(only one icon until recently) The icons look identical but the name
is long and I cannot see the end of either icon labels. Even if I
uninstall the app via Settings > Applications > Manage Applications,
the next time I run it from Eclipse, the two icons are both there
again. The app is only listed one time under Manage Applications. The
first time I noticed the second icon was after I included a second
activity that displays a WebView. Everything seems to work OK. I can
launch the second activity and close it just fine.

Why do I have two icons? (I did not include code because I do not know
which code might be relevant.)

Thanks, John Brown

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment