Monday, May 30, 2011

[android-developers] Re: No simplified chinese description?

No, it's fairly recent.

Google no likey China. But, besides that, it's utterly ridicolous and
another short-sighted decision by the Android Market team to provide a
preset list of locales for which you can provide descriptions. My app
is localized in a language that's not on that list, and while the
locale it's shown on top of the screen under my app's name, I cannot
put a localized description on the market page.

On May 30, 5:47 am, Santiago Lema <jacques.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please bear with me since I am totally new to Android. I have several
> apps that are currently being ported to Android (after working
> decently on iOS).
>
> Now I am ready to prepare my first app and I see this:http://emberapp.com/blackjack75/images/android-no-simplified-chinese-1
>
> Is there really NO support for having a simplified chinese
> description? Mainland china is the country that generates the highest
> number of ad requests in my apps on iPhone so I thought it would
> useful. Compared to that users with a zh-TW locale are residual.
>
> Did I miss something obvious here ? Is is temporary? Was it always
> like that?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment