Monday, May 30, 2011

[android-developers] XLIFF for changing text value in TextView

Hello everyone,

I am trying to change the text value in TextView using the src file
(.java). By default I set the value to

android:text="TEST" in main.xml file under TextView

what I want is to change the value using the java so I can change the
text value anytime I want. I look for resources and found the XLIFF in
a sample xml file which I suspect I need to add in my code. It looks
like this

<string name="title_connected_to">connected to <xliff:g
id="device_name">%1$s</xliff:g></string>

I tried to understand the source codes of "BluetoothChat" sample to
further understand the above code but I don't get it.

If someone knows what I am talking about could you please help me?
basically I only want to change the default text value in TextView
that I set in the xml file through the src file (.java)

Thanks a lot,

JR

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment