Thursday, June 30, 2011

[android-developers] Re: are ads worth the effort?

On Jun 30, 4:11 pm, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Brad Gies <rbg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You won't make any money from the ads, but it might be worth
> > having them to convince users to purchase a paid version.

And that worries me...the fact that the ads might end up being
too obtrusive and turn people away....

> This, though I disagree that you won't make any money from ads.
> If you wait long enough, you'll eventually be able to afford a
> trip to the dollar store.

LOL :-) But...would I be able to BUY anything at the dollar
store? Or would that involve another period of waiting long
enough? :-)

Sounds like my revised initial opinion (revised in that I had
been thinking ads/$2 donation until about 30 minutes ago) is
now confirmed.

I'll just release it as a free app tomorrow.

Oh, one more question, and an RTFM with a pointer to the FM
is what I'm looking for here: I want to add an initial
screen that only runs the first time (like the user agreement
I see on most apps) that basically states that the photos in
the app are all copyrighted by me. Where would I find the docs
on how to do this?

Thanks,
--jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4) | DMR: So fsck was originally called
spooky130u@gmail.com | something else.
http://jdgapps.com/ | Q: What was it called?
< Running FreeBSD 7.0 > | DMR: Well, the second letter was different.
ICBM/Hurricane | -- Dennis M. Ritchie, Usenix, June 1998.
30.44406N 86.59909W

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Android Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to android-developers@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment